Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Electric Smoke Alarms I Put Compact Florescent Bulbs In My Ceiling Fan And My Smoke Alarms Began To Beep Randomly. Any Ideas Why?

I put compact florescent bulbs in my ceiling fan and my smoke alarms began to beep randomly. Any ideas why? - electric smoke alarms

The house is newly built, built in 2006. Smoke detectors are electric with battery backup. I hope that the lamps caused the shift of power led to the alarm goes off. Things did not seem to compact the beep onions, continue after replacing the batteries in all alarms are reset, the alarms and replace it later stopped ringing fluoresce under incandescent lamps with. Very strange.

3 comments:

oldman49... said...

Generally not recommended to use compact fluorescent vibrating environments. The vibrations can cause the electronics fail in the CFL. A CFL bulb (FLE11) is available for use in a ceiling fan. Check the packaging for this application.

More information can be found available on the following link: http://www.gelighting.com/na/home_lighti ...

Priestca... said...

Heat and condensation

lol, you should try to replace smoke detector in my place. Everytime I go to plug

Simply replace the alarm system, or move to a quiet location.

bungee said...

compact lamps seem to have something to do. weird never heard of him.

Post a Comment